Celebrating its 20th anniversary, Skate at Somerset House will once again offer event planners an inspiring, fun and creative option for their 2019 Christmas celebrations.
The world-famous arts venue located on the Thames in the heart of London is offering a wide variety of packages and offers to organisations looking for something different this Christmas.
Christmas receptions, parties, dinners and lunches are available in the East Wing, Portico Room and Navy Board Room as either stand alone, private events or combined with:
- Ice-skating in Somerset House’s neoclassical courtyard under a 40-foot Christmas tree.
- Access to the Fortnum and Mason Lodge – an alpine-inspired haven serving indulgent dishes and warming drinks.
- The Fortnum’s Christmas Arcade, which brings a special selection of the iconic grocer’s products for festive shoppers.
- 24/7 – private tours and viewings of Somerset House’s major Autumn/Winter exhibition in the Embankment Galleries.
- Tours of the venue that cover not just its rich history but its place in modern culture as a working arts venue and location for Hollywood blockbusters and major TV series.
- Private tours and views of the Museum of Architecture’s hugely popular Gingerbread City in Somerset House’s Lancaster Rooms, where leading architects, engineers and designers create a futuristic city made entirely from gingerbread.
Somerset House’s Head of Corporate Events, Jenny Freestone comments: “Somerset House is one of the world’s most iconic festive venues. Our ice-skating rink in the heart of the courtyard, alongside the decorations and Fortnum’s Arcade, means it visually embodies so much of what people consider to be the Christmas spirit. Our event offering takes this sense of wonder and Christmas cheer into every part of a client event, ensuring it is something guests remember long after the last cracker has been pulled and present opened.”
As an award-winning Christmas party venue, Somerset House offers a wide range of versatile packages and themes to suit client events of all sizes at a range of different prices. Including food and beverage, venue hire and all necessary equipment and theming, the dedicated events team use their expertise to ensure a successful event. Further information is available via firstname.lastname@example.org