Nominations open for the 5th ABPCO Excellence Awards
The Association of British Professional Conference Organisers (ABPCO) has opened nominations for the fifth ABPCO Excellence Awards. The annual awards are an opportunity to recognise members who have demonstrated excellence and leadership in conference and event organising within the association sector. The awards ceremony will coincide with the ABPCO Chairmen’s Lunch on December 13th at the Scottish Event Campus (SEC).
The awards are open to any ABPCO accredited member and all entries are free. The winners are chosen by the audience following individual presentations by each finalist. For 2018 the presentation requirements will be simpler, opening the field to a wider number of entries from ABPCO’s diverse membership. The categories this year are:
- Best Conference by an In-House Conference Organiser
- Best Conference by an Agency Conference Organiser
- Best Industry Partnership
- Chairmen’s Special Award
The 2018 Chairman’s Special Award will be focused on organisations and individuals that can demonstrate that they reflect ABPCOs values: Excellence, Learning and Belonging.
Following the success of 2017 awards, which marked ABPCO’s 30th birthday, the association is looking forward to welcoming even more attendees to the celebration in December 2018. Heather Lishman, Association Director at ABPCO comments: “We had an overwhelming response to our awards and Chairmen’s Lunch last year. The entries were really strong and the judging was extremely close. We are really looking forward to seeing this year’s entries as they demonstrate the best practice and excellence they have delivered throughout the last year.”
Winners of the award last year were:
- Best Conference by an In-House Conference Organiser: Royal College of Nursing, whilst Macmillan Cancer Support and NCRI were also shortlisted.
- Best Conference by an Agency Conference Organiser: MCI UK, whilst BioScientifica and Hampton Medical were also shortlisted.
- Best Industry Partnership: Visit Belfast, whilst Shocklogic and AECC were also shortlisted.
- Chairmen’s Award – Madalina Marincas from Opening Doors and Venues
Submissions for the awards should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31st July 2018 (or 31st October for the Chairmen’s Special Award) and should state the award they are in relation to.
ABPCO is the UK’s leading organisation for professional conference and event organisers, industry associates and those studying for, or seeking a career in the conference and meetings industry. For more information about ABPCO visit www.abpco.org.